Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 8

Today we checked in to the MGM hotel. We were supposed to get just a regular room with a huge jaccuzzi and a living room, but I was surprised upon checking in. I went up to the counter and told the lady who I was and she told me that today was my lucky day. "Why?" I asked. She said that she was going to upgrade my room to a sky loft, and oh my goodness, I never have seen anything like this. We had our own VIP room, our own floor that was only accessible by a keycard, a 24/7 butler, and our room was a 2 story loft with about 30 foot ceilings, plasma TV's built into the mirror and above the bathtub, and the room was 1400 square feet. I have no clue why the lady decided to upgrade us to this room, but I wasn't complaining, I doubt I will ever have another room like this in my life. We originally paid $300 for our room that we thought we were going to have, and out of curiosity, I checked online to see how much the skylofts were per night--$735; so the MGM gave us a $435 upgrade for free; crazy, but fun. Other than soaking up the room for all it was, we just simply walked through the other hotels and checked them out. Each had its own theme; for example, there was Caesar's Palace (Roman oriented), New York, New York hotel, Paris hotel, and so on. Vegas is definitely an interesting place, but I doubt I will ever return, just isn't my type of place. Tomorrow, we head to San Diego, CA...

No comments: