Saturday, May 3, 2008

Just 2 more days...

The first question that I get when I tell people about my trip is "Where are you going?" I usually just sigh and ask how long they have because we are going to a lot of places, but we'll get to that later. First of all, I would like to describe how this began. Exactly 1 year and 4 months ago, I had an idea to take a road trip to Yosemite National Park for about a week. Little did I know this would turn into a 9000 mile, 40 day road trip to just about everywhere in the US. So I called the friends I'm going with, Matthew Blanton and Luke Varn, and the dream grew to this:

Our destinations in the correct order

-Memphis, TN
-Roswell, NM
-Carlsbad Caverns, NM
-Grand Canyon, AZ
-Las Vegas, NV
-San Diego, CA
-Los Angeles, CA
-Yosemite National Park, CA
-San Francisco, CA
-Crater Lake, OR
-Portland, OR
-Mount Rainier, WA
-Olympic National Park, WA
-Seattle, WA
-Vancouver, Canada
-Glacier National Park, MT
-Yellowstone National Park, WY
-Mount Rushmore, SD
-then finally home

Yeah, this is a marathon journey, but I've been waiting for a long time, and I can't believe this dream I had 490 days ago, is now just 2 days away from being a reality.

1 comment:

sturkette said...

You go, Myles... be safe and I'll be reading your updates :)