Sunday, May 4, 2008

One day left...

Wow, as I sit here and ponder what is about to take place, I don’t know what to think. I do know it’s going to be one crazy adventure. I thank God for the opportunity to go on this trip, and I can’t wait for the national parks and to be in the mountains. Whenever I go to the mountains, sit, think, and look around, God’s presence is so ever near. I don’t know how anyone can ever take a trip to the mountains and afterwards, doubt the existence of God. I’m ready for the spiritual experience that God has in store for me on this trip…

…I’ve been packing, but I’m not completely done. I plan on waking up tomorrow at 6:30 AM and those of you that know me really well know that the alarm snooze button will be hit at least 5 times, but nonetheless, the plan is to head out for the big Memphis, TN at 8:00 AM. Once again for those who know me, I will also have a cold Cherry Coke ready to go Monday morning, and yes, I did already buy four 12 packs of Cherry Coke for the trip—great stuff, I promise, try it sometime. Anyway, we will be staying at a Motel 6. “Why?” you ask. Well they told me that they would leave the light on for me, so I figure they’re looking out for me. I’m guessing the Memphis trip will be filled with blues music and barbeque; I hope that it’s the vinegar based BBQ because if it’s not, I’m not sure how Memphis is so reputable for the BBQ, but anyway, writing on this blog keeps my mind busy for the time being and I will continue with the updates whenever I have internet access. Feel free to post comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha... Myles... As I'm sure you've discovered, they don't do the vinegar stuff in Memphis. It's all old-style ketchup based! But good stuff, all the same. I'm hugely excited and I hope you guys have a GREAT time!!!

-Stephen